Attorney Alan W. Pigg
Board Certified in Workers' Compensation Law, Mr. Pigg is devoted exclusively to representing injured workers in East Texas.
Attorney Alan W. Pigg
Mr. Pigg received his B.B.A. degree, cum laude, in 1991 from Stephen F. Austin State University where he was a University Scholar and then worked for the Accounting Department of Mobil Oil Corporation in Dallas before pursuing his law degree. While attending the University of Texas at Austin School of Law, he was a manuscript editor for the American Journal of Criminal Law in 1994.
Mr. Pigg began working in the area of workers' compensation while serving as a law clerk for Flahive, Ogden & Latson during his time in law school in Austin, Texas. From 1992 until his graduation in May of 1995, he served as a law clerk for Flahive, Ogden & Latson, drafting legal documents and providing support for attorneys participating in both hearings and appeals. After graduation, Mr. Pigg worked for an additional year as an attorney at Flahive, Ogden, & Latson.
Mr. Pigg began as an associate of Cowles & Thompson, P.C. in Dallas in 1996 where he was a member of the Tort Litigation Section and the Workers' Compensation Group. While in Dallas is practice was focused primarily on the representation of insurance carriers and employers at workers' compensation hearings throughout the state of Texas.
Mr. Pigg transferred to Cowles & Thompson's Tyler office in 1999 where he continued his representation of insurance carriers and employers at workers' compensation hearings on a statewide basis. He provided representation at all levels of the administration process, including Benefit Review Conferences, Contested Case Hearings, and appeals to the Texas Workers' Compensation Commission Appeals Panel in Austin, Texas. He has also represented numerous insurance carriers in workers' compensation matters which have been filed in various courthouses throughout the State of Texas, including subrogation cases. Mr. Pigg assumed the position of head of Cowles & Thompson's Workers' Compensation Group in January of 2000.
Mr. Pigg's practice with Cowles & Thompson's Tyler office expanded to include healthcare litigation, personal injury defense, third party litigation, medical negligence cases, product liability cases, and toxic tort cases.
In August of 2005, Mr. Pigg formed Alan W. Pigg, P.C. to represent the people of East Texas in their workers' compensation and social security disability matters.
Mr. Pigg was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1995 and has been admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas. He has passed the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination and was an active Certified Public Accountant in 1996 and 1997. In 2005, Mr. Pigg was a part of the initial class of lawyers in the State of Texas to be designated as Board Certified in Workers' Compensation Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Pigg is admitted to practice in the Courts of the State of Texas, as well as in the U.S. District Courts for the Northern & Eastern Districts of Texas. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas, Smith County Bar Association, Workers Injury Law & Advocacy Group, and the State Bar of Texas Workers' Compensation Section.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Board Certified in Workers' Compensation Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2004.
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., May 1995.
- Passed the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination, 1991.
- Stephen F. Austin State University, B.B.A., Accounting, May 1991, Cum Laude.
- Alan W. Pigg, P.C. – Tyler, TX
- Cowles & Thompson, P.C. – Dallas & Tyler, TX
- Flahive, Ogden & Latson, P.C. – Austin, TX
ADMISSIONS, MEMBERSHIPS, AND AFFILIATIONS
- State Bar of Texas.
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern & Eastern Districts of Texas.
- Smith County Bar Association.
- Workers Injury Law & Advocacy Group.
- State Bar of Texas Workers' Compensation Section.
- Sustaining Member of National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives.
- Roller coaster enthusiast with over 400 different coasters ridden.
- Collector of baseball cards and sports stadium give-away bobble heads.
- Director of 7th Grade Sunday Morning Bible Study Department, Green Acres Baptist Church.
- Missions Committee Member, Green Acres Baptist Church.